20 May 2011

her pirate name was LAZYBONES

Will I eat pizza and lay around instead of running today? YES, I THINK I WILL.

Epic fail of a training week, I only ran once. I am mortified sort of. Actually, not as mortified as I should/normally would be. I started working full-time again this week, normal 9-5 hours, except since I am a journalist my hours are never normal. I was at the office until 8 or 9 every night, mostly just sitting around waiting for my stories to be read/edited and cursing the perfect running weather outside. This whole training thing was massively easier when I was working part-time and from home some days. Sad first-world problem for sure.

Anyway the moral of the story is that I need to get better at making time for running and that probably means I am going to have to start running in the mornings before work, at least some of the time. That sucks because I'm not a great morning runner. I don't have a problem with getting up and out the door but it just never feels as good to me as running at night does. I think this is probably from eleventy billion years of after-school running practice, it's just ingrained in my legs. They don't know what to do with themselves at 6 am.

So that is my goal for next week. I am working my last day at my part-time job tomorrow (11-6, vomit) and that involves being on my feet all day so it's doubtful I'll turn out a super-great run (or a run at all) afterward. I'm going to do at least six miles Sunday and then go from there, but I figure it's better to laze it up when the marathon is still 4.5 months away than to do it a month or two from now. Whatever, there is pizza involved and I did not pay for it and that is all that matters right now.

I also registered for a 10K today, it's three weeks away so one way or another my butt will be back in gear ASAP.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the full-time gig! Would like to hear more about it :)

    ReplyDelete