01 September 2011

the return


Internet, I'm not even kidding you, I have not blogged in so long that when I came to Blogger today, the site informed me that its interface is new. Fantastic.

So, hi! Uhhh it's been forever, so here, in laundry-list form, is what's been happening:

1. I ran the Full Moon Half Marathon and it was amazing. I finished in 1:53, well ahead of my "less than two hours/less than my tumor time of 2:13" goal. It was an especially big deal for me because
2. that morning, Kismet, the cat love of my life, passed away.



I've never lost a pet before, not really. Kismet was the first cat who was ever all mine. I had him for six years and I loved him like crazy. He had heart disease, but was doing very well, so his death was both expected and completely, totally, wholly unexpected. Losing a pet is a very weird and very hard thing. I miss him all the time. And I ran that race like hell but I started crying literally three minutes after I crossed the finish line. It was a weird day. Then

3. I moved to North Carolina just in time for my first hurricane, and then
4. I started my new job.

So, that about brings you up to speed, and this would all have been much more entertaining if I'd blogged about it while it was happening, but I didn't and there you go. I'm back now, and I live in the South, and Michigan football is back on Saturday, and I ran 16 miles on Tuesday, and that is all you really need to know. That, and apparently there are cockroaches down here, and they call them "waterbugs", and that just doesn't make life any better because they are roaches and they are disgusting. Sophie (my little orange cat) keeps killing them and bringing them to me all proud-like. And I can't yell at her, because I'm GLAD she's killing them, and I also know they are GIFTS, but I wish she would go to Kate Spade or Modcloth instead because it can't be good for her self-esteem that I just flush every present she brings me.

Also, this happened on my very first North Carolina run (also, the day before I started my job):



Nothing like showing up to work looking like roadkill. I'm glad my losing battle with gravity persists even in my new home state.

3 comments:

  1. 1. I'm so sorry about Kismet. :( I know how much you loved that little (big) guy.
    2. Awesome job on your half!!
    3. Roaches, waterbugs, what the hell ever. They do suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back on the Internet, Hopelessly Ungraceful! Sorry to hear about Kismet, glad you met your goal for your half, and glad to hear you started your new job.

    Enjoy the South!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! That looks like a bad spill. I hope it's better now.

    I too have not been the best blogger/commenter this year. Trying to get back into it. I've lost nearly all of my readers, or at least the ones that commented.

    ReplyDelete